Sellfy Review 2022: How Good Is This Ecommerce Platform?
Are you searching for an ecomerce platform to help you build an online store and sell products?
In this Sellfy review, we’ll talk about how this eCommerce platform can let you sell digital products while keeping full control of your marketing.
And the best part? In just five minutes, you can start your business.
Let us then talk about the Sellfy platform and all the benefits it can bring to your business.
What is Sellfy?
Sellfy is an eCommerce solution that allows digital content creators, including writers, illustrators, designers, musicians, and filmmakers, to sell their products online. Sellfy allows users to display their digital products on a customized storefront and embed “Buy Now” buttons on their blog or website. Sellfy product pages allow users to showcase their products in different angles using multiple images and previews from Soundcloud and Vimeo. Sellfy allows files up to 2GB to be uploaded. The company also offers unlimited bandwidth and secure storage. You can embed your entire store or individual widgets into your site. You can preview how the widgets will look before they appear.
Sellfy is a powerful e-commerce platform that helps you personalize your online storefront. You can upload your logo, modify colors, revise navigation and edit the layout of your online store. Sellfy allows you to create a complete shopping cart that allows customers to purchase multiple items. Sellfy allows you to change your language and allow customers to see a translated version.
Sellfy gives you the option to host your store directly on its platform, add a custom domain to your store, and use it as an embedded storefront on your website. Sellfy optimizes its store offerings to be mobile-friendly, which allows for seamless checkout.
Sellfy allows creators to host all their products and sell all of their digital products on one platform. Sellfy does not limit the storage space of your store, but recommends that files not exceed 5GB. Creators can sell standard and subscription-based products in any format that is supported on the online marketplace. Customers can buy products immediately after they make a purchase. There is no waiting period.
You can organize your store by creating your product categories, sorting by any characteristic you choose. Each product page will include your title, description, as well as the image. Customers can instantly evaluate all your products by this method. You can offer different pricing options, including “pay whatever you want” which allows the customer to set the price. This option allows customers to control the price of individual items (without a minimum) or to set minimum pricing requirements. This is a good option when you are in a competitive market, or when you sell higher-end products. To increase your store’s popularity, you can offer fixed prices per product and free products.
Sellfy is ideal for selling digital content, such as ebooks. It does not allow you copyright material that you don’t own rights to distribute.
Sellfy offers several ways to share your store, enabling you to promote your business on different platforms. Sellfy allows you to integrate it with any existing website. You can embed your entire storefront or embed specific products to reach more people. Sellfy allows you to connect with your YouTube channel and Facebook page, increasing your visibility.
Payments and security
Sellfy is a simple online platform that allows customers to buy your products directly through your store. Sellfy offers two payment options: Stripe and PayPal. Both PayPal and Stripe allow you to receive instant payments. Your customer data is protected by Sellfy’s PCI-compliant payment security measures. Sellfy offers anti-fraud tools that help protect your products, including PDF stamping, unique download link and limited download attempts.
Marketing and analytics tools
The Sellfy platform includes marketing and analytics tools to help you manage your online store. The platform allows you to send out product updates via email and collect subscribers to your newsletter. Sellfy allows you to offer discounts and product upsells. You can also track and track Facebook and Twitter ads. The software’s analytics dashboard allows you to track the performance of your top-performing products, traffic channels, top places, and overall store performance.
To expand functionality and make your e-commerce store run more efficiently, Sellfy offers several integrations. There are many integration options available, including integrations with Patreon, Facebook Live Chat, and Google Analytics. Sellfy lets you connect to Zapier. This gives you access hundreds of third-party apps like Mailchimp and Trello.
Pricing and Premium Plan Features
- Price: $0
The free plan comes with:
- Up to 10 products
- Print-on-demand products
- Physical products
- Price: $19/month
Starter plan comes with:
- Everything is Free, plus:
- Unlimited products
- Digital products
- Subscription products
- Connect your domain
- 2,000 email credits
- Price: $49/month
The business plan comes with:
- Everything in Starter, plus:
- Remove “Sellfy” branding
- Store design migration
- Cart abandonment
- Product upselling
- 10,000 email credits
- Price: $99/month
The premium plan comes with:
- Everything in Business, plus:
- Product migration
- Priority support
- 50,000 email credits
Sellfy Review: Pros and Cons
Sellfy has its benefits and downsides, but fortunately, the pros outweigh the cons.
- It takes only a few minutes to set up an online store and begin selling products.
- You can sell your products on a single storefront, even if you are selling multiple product types.
- Sellfy supports selling a variety of product types, including physical items, digital goods, subscriptions, and print-on-demand products.
- Sellfy offers a free plan for those who want to test out the features before committing to a paid plan.
- You get paid the same day you make a sale. Sellfy doesn’t delay your funds like other payment processors.
- Print-on-demand services are available directly from your store, so you can sell merchandise to fans without setting up an integration.
- You can conduct all store-related activities via the mobile app and all online stores have mobile responsive designs.
- Everything you need to make your website is included, including a custom domain name hosting, security for your files, and the ability to customize your store
- The file security features can help you protect your digital property by allowing you to put PDF stamps, set download limits, and SSL encryption.
- Sellfy provides unlimited support.
- Sellfy provides simple and intuitive tax and VAT configuration settings.
- Marketing strategies include coupons, email marketing, upselling, tracking pixels, and cart abandonment.
- Although the free plan is helpful, but it limits you to only 10 products.
- Payment plans often require an upgrade if you exceed a certain sales amount per year.
- The storefront designs are clean, but they’re not unique templates for creating a completely different brand image.
- Sellfy’s branding is removed from your hosted product when you upgrade to the $49 per month Business plan.
- The free plan does not allow for selling digital or subscription products.
In this article, we have taken a look at some of the biggest benefits associated with using sellfy for eCommerce. These benefits are comparable to those offered by Shopify and you will see why you should consider sellingfy for your eCommerce business. You should find all your questions answered after reading this article. If you still have questions, please leave them in the comments section below. I’m happy to answer any questions.
Note: This article contains affiliate links which means we make a small commission if you buy sellfy premium plan from our link.
I’m a journalist who specializes in investigative reporting and writing. I have written for the New York Times and other publications.