Report: Barcelona Is Not A Possibility For Cristiano Ronaldo
Despite rumours that surfaced from Spain on Monday of meetings between Joan Laporta and Jorge Mendes, Barcelona is not a possible destination for Cristiano Ronaldo this summer states a journalist.
Ronaldo could be set to move to a new club this summer following his desire to win more trophies and achieve new personal goals and awards which seem unachievable at United.
Ronaldo has reportedly asked United to allow him to leave Old Trafford this summer should a suitable offer from a new club arrive with the likes of Chelsea, Bayern Munich and Napoli said to be interested in his services.
The striker’s agent reportedly met with Barcelona president Joan Laporta on Monday with Ronaldo being one name on the agenda.
Ronaldo however is regarded as a legend at Real Madrid and is one of the clubs greatest ever players after joining the club from Manchester United originally.
A move to Barcelona would majorly dampen his legacy at Real Madrid, a club that the striker still highly regards and visits often.
A move to Barcelona most definitely wouldn’t seem likely however much crazier things have happened in football – however with Barcelona’s financial situation a move for Ronaldo wouldn’t suit all parties.
Portugese journalist, Pedro Sepulveda has said, “Barcelona is not a possibility for Cristiano Ronaldo.”
Read More Manchester United Coverage:
- Report: Dean Henderson Move From Manchester United To Nottingham Forest At Advanced Stage
- Report: Manchester United Target Jurrien Timber Has A High Chance Of Staying At Ajax This Summer
- Manchester United Full Premier League 22/23 Fixture Schedule With Downloadable Chart
- When Manchester United Face The Big Six In The 22/23 Premier League Season | Liverpool, Manchester City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham
- Ex Liverpool Star Claims It ‘Wouldn’t Be a Big Deal’ to Strip Harry Maguire Of Manchester United Captaincy, But Wouldn’t Choose Cristiano Ronaldo
Follow The Utd Transfer Room: Twitter | Facebook & Instagram Coming Soon
The author of 5 books, 3 of which are New York Times bestsellers. I’ve been published in more than 100 newspapers and magazines and am a frequent commentator on NPR.