‘Like A Kevin De Bruyne’
The Brazilian scored two goals and assisted three others as the Reds ran riot to finally kick start their 2022/23 campaign.
Former England under-21 international Noel Whelan told Football Insider that he believes that the 30-year-old doesn’t get the credit he deserves.
“He’s one of these players that is an unsung hero because of what (Sadio) Mane and (Mohamed) Salah have done.
“The goals he has scored have been vital – and he opens up a lot of opportunities for others with his skill and intelligence.
“It’s clear to see that he still has a part to play with his ability to score and assist.”
Scroll to Continue
Whelan went on to pay Firmino a huge compliment comparing him to one of the Premier League’s best.
“Players benefit massively from having him next to them on the field because of his intelligence and movement – very much like a Kevin De Bruyne.”
Firmino showed signs in the last half hour of the defeat at Old Trafford that he was starting to get some sharpness back.
Against the Cherries there were further positive signs he is getting back to something near his best and Reds fans will hoping that continues when they take on Eddie Howe’s Newcastle on Wednesday.
Read More Liverpool Coverage
- Reliable Journalist Shuts Down Konrad Laimer To Liverpool Transfer Rumours
- Virgil Van Dijk Sends Clear Transfer Plea To Liverpool’s Board And Recruitment
- Potter Not Suprised Moises Caicedo Is Generating Interest Amid Liverpool Rumours
- Journalist Names Three Realistic Midfield Options Liverpool Could Sign Before Transfer Window Closes
- Report: Liverpool Have ‘Upper-Hand’ Over Real Madrid For Jude Bellingham
- Watch: Liverpool 9-0 Bournemouth Match Highlights | Sensational Reds Back At It
The author of 5 books, 3 of which are New York Times bestsellers. I’ve been published in more than 100 newspapers and magazines and am a frequent commentator on NPR.