Emma Hayes Believes Chelsea Will Bounce Back Against Manchester City
A sold out Kingsmeadow sets the scene for either Chelsea, Manchester City or both to make up the difference and earn their first three points this season.
In a pre-match press conference Emma Hayes, head coach, explained why she expects a positive response from her team.
” I always think there are so much leaders in the dressing room; it’s so accountable, so mature,” she stated via Chelsea FC . “I think that one thing I have noticed as an improvement in my team’s response to things collectively is their… I think everybody’s given the best they can this week”
Man City opened their 2022/23 Women’s Super League campaign with a thrilling 4-3 defeat away at Aston Villa last Sunday, but Hayes knows it’s still going to take a lot from her team to beat out one of their biggest foes.
Scroll to Continue
“[Manchester] City have quality throughout and they were improving their performances with every game they played against us last year. This will give them confidence.
” What we have been discussing internally is that we need to improve how we control the game. There is a demand for me and preparation around how to achieve that. I want my team to implement the training we have done. “
Chelsea last triumphed over City in the FA Cup final back in May, and will be hoping to draw from that victory in a vital match tomorrow afternoon.
Read More Chelsea Stories
- Graham Potter Shares His Emotions Following The Queen’s Passing
- Chelsea And Arsenal Legend Emmanuel Petit Speaks On The Blues’ Recent Struggles
- Why Chelsea Vs Liverpool At Stamford Bridge Has Been Postponed
- Report: Todd Boehly ‘Impressed’ By Christoph Freund’s Red Bull Model
- Report: Chelsea Having Talks With Christoph Freund
- ‘We Just Didn’t Have A Shared Vision For The Future’ – Todd Boehly On Thomas Tuchel’s Sacking
- ‘We Want To Entertain’ – Graham Potter Prepares To Win Back The Fans
- Report: Todd Boehly Met With Luis Campos
- Report: N’Golo Kante Wants A Better Contract Offer From Chelsea
The author of 5 books, 3 of which are New York Times bestsellers. I’ve been published in more than 100 newspapers and magazines and am a frequent commentator on NPR.