Daily Crunch: 2 former SBF associates plead guilty to fraud and are cooperating with US federal prosecutors
Get a roundup from TechCrunch’s most important stories delivered straight to your inbox each day at 3:00 PDT. Subscribe here.
The weather outside is…entirely dependent upon where you are, we suppose. Let’s pretend that we are imagining sunshine, beautiful beaches, a gentle cooling breeze, and pina coladas for the purposes of this newsletter. — Christine And Haje
TechCrunch Top 3
- Surprised, but not surprisedFTX cofounder Gary Wang and Alameda’s Caroline Ellison plead guilty criminal charges Darrell writes.
- $eeing i$ believingTwitter now sources stock and cryptocurrency prices from TradingView, and displays them in search results. Ivan This video will show you how to get them to appear on your next tweet.
- Another Okta breachOkta confirmed that it is responding to another security incident. A hacker accessed Okta’s source code in response to a breach of its GitHub repositories, Carly reports.
Startups and VC
As technical advancements greatly improved the quality of art created by AI systems, text-to-image AI was a huge success this year. Despite being controversial systems like OpenAI’s DALL-E 2 and Stable Diffusion, platforms such DeviantArt, Canva, and Canva have adopted them to power creative tools and personalize branding, and even create new products. KyleAs he takes you on a journey through the countryside, A brief history of diffusion, which is the tech that underpins modern image-generating AI.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) Amanda Unstable Diffusion, an organization that aims to monetize AI porn generation through crowdfunding, has raised more than $56,000 from 867 backers. Kickstarter’s thinking on AI-based projects has changed since then. Unstable Diffusion’s crowdfunding campaign was stopped by the crowdfunding platform.
In only partially AI news
- Austin under the loupe: Mary Ann Reports on how to a Austin’s diversity crisis is highlighted by the fatal police shooting of a founder of a startup..
- Grab a piece of Exyn: Reliance purchases a 23% stake Exyn, an AI company based in the United States, Manish reports.
- Curbing your enthusiasm: Rebecca Writes that Automotus raises $9 million Automated curb management technology can be scaled.
- Pumping the brakes: The other day We reported that TuSimple, a self-driving truck company, was considering layoffs. Today, Rebecca It’s back with the sad news: TuSimple will lay off 25% of its employees.
Avoid these 3 common sales mistakes startups make in a downturn
Analysts predict that IT spending will rise in 2023. But, tell that to SaaS sales representatives who are trying close contracts with customers who have been instructed to reduce spending.
Anand Shah, CEO and cofounder of Databook, stated that “efficient sales is what every company needs right now.”
He explains why TC reactive moves such as increasing sales quotas and raising prices are bad moves that won’t move things along.
“Make real changes to satisfy your buyers’ needs. To make the necessary sales productivity improvements, you can use the macroeconomic background.
Three more from the TC Team:
- It’s worth it: The future of milk is… milk? By Christine.
- It is extremely cold outside.: This year holiday shipping is easier, but technology is still lagging.By Ryan Petersen.
- Still blasting off: Musk’s interference appears to have a dampened investor interest in SpaceXBy Becca.
Big Tech Inc.
It is annoying to see the ad blocker box appear when you attempt to open a new site. Zack We should find the good in everything. Even the FBI recommends that you use an ad blocking programHe writes. Why? According to reports, cybercriminals are purchasing ads to impersonate legitimate brands such as cryptocurrency exchanges. They are so convincing that it’s difficult to tell if it’s real. Everyone, please be safe!
What do you want? News! News! Now! :
- Isn’t that sporty?: Aisha There are two streaming stories available in case you need last-minute gift ideas to give the sports lover in your life. The first is that YouTube secures NFL Sunday Ticket The second is that Netflix is expanding into fitness content.
- More from this bird company: Amanda This article keeps us updated on the latest Twitter news. There were none. More layoffs in engineering and public policy. The company now offers us a new feature that we didn’t even know we wanted. This rarely used analytics feature is now front and centre so you can see. How many people see your tweets.
- The action studioWarning: This story contains spoilers Lauren Reports on Perception VFX studio and its technology that produced the visual effects for “Wakanda Forever: Black Panther.”
- It’s all about having fun: Vianova uses APIs for data collection from cities and shared mobility companies These services can be improved by your support. Romain There are many more.
- Adventure is available!: Aria details seven predictions for The space industry in 2023.
I’m a journalist who specializes in investigative reporting and writing. I have written for the New York Times and other publications.