Chelsea Transfer Target Jules Kounde Joins Barcelona From Sevilla
The 23-year-old has had somewhat of a transfer saga this summer with the Blues heavily interested in the Sevilla star.
Barcelona have confirmed on their accounts the signing of Kounde, along with the first images of the defender in Barcelona colours.
The signing comes after several twists and turns in the tale. The France International had been in talk with Chelsea regarding personal terms as per Fabrizio Romano, but in the end decided to ply his trade in La Liga with the Catalan Club.
The deal with Barca is expected to be a five year contract, with the side wanting to have a centreback secure for years to come.
The Blues were chasing the Frenchman after departures from Andreas Christensen and Antonio Rudiger to Barcelona and Real Madrid respectively left the outfit short on defenders.
The London side have invested on a first centre-half replacement, with Napoli ace Kalidou Koulibaly being procured earlier in the window.
Scroll to Continue
Chelsea are still chasing to find a second (and possibly third) defender this summer, with a track record of just one win so far in pre-season and one game left before the start of the Premier League season.
The damage from the Spanish giant onto Chelsea may not be over yet according to Fabrizio Romano. After signing several prominent targets of Chelsea’s and Christensen, the side are pushing to sign club captain Cesar Azpilicueta.
The move would put the Blues in an even worse position with defensive depth already concerning.
Read More Chelsea News
- ‘It’s Important I Work Harder Than Everyone Else’ – Ben Chilwell On Chelsea’s Pre-season
- Report: Cesar Azpilicueta Could Still Leave Chelsea For Barcelona
- ‘He Won’t Be Happy’ – Pundit on Kepa Arrizabalaga Joining Napoli
- ‘It’s What Chelsea’s All About’ – Jorginho On New Summer Signings
- Report: Frank Lampard Wants To Bring Chelsea’s Billy Gilmour To Everton
- ‘Nothing Surprises Me’ – Pundit on Arsenal’s Chances of Signing Chelsea’s N’Golo Kante
- Report: Chelsea & Tottenham Approach £40M Rated Newcastle United Star
- ‘Not Appealing to Him’ – Pundit on Why Everton Can Sign Chelsea’s Conor Gallagher
- Report: Chelsea & Barcelona Have Held ‘Secret Conversations’ About Manchester United Target Frenkie de Jong
The author of 5 books, 3 of which are New York Times bestsellers. I’ve been published in more than 100 newspapers and magazines and am a frequent commentator on NPR.